February 12, 2007

Delicious Gluten Free Crab Cakes

Last night I made the most delicious gluten free crab cakes! I made them too big and they fell apart when I flipped them but I will make them again they were GREAT.

Here is the recipe: I combined everything in a food processor then made the cakes.

1/2 lb crab meat (I used imitation crab)
1/2 cup GF sourdough bread crumbs (I make GF the crumbs from the heels of my baked bread)
2 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon mustard (from a bottle)
2 green onions minced
1 tablespoon green pepper minced
a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1 egg beaten
salt and pepper
juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon of oil for frying


Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Form in to cakes (I should have made about 8 small instead of 4 big) Heat oil in a large skillet. FRy the cakes on medium heat until golden brown (about 3 minutes each side)

I served them over rice with tarter sauce it was delicious!

No comments: