March 14, 2007

2 years old today!

It's 7:39 in the morning and I'm the only one awake in the house. 2 years ago today my daughter was born :) 9 lbs 13 oz with a 15 inch head. Yes she was a big baby, and yes she was born via c-section afters hours of not being able to get her head to move down!

Anyhow I've always like chunky babies but these past 8 months have taught me that you get what you need. My daughter needed to be big so that when Celiac Disease hit she would be healthy!

We have now been gluten free for 6 months, I even had a gluten free birthday party for her on Saturday (pictures coming soon). Everyone enjoyed my cake! (I will post the recipe).

I find it strange that today instead of remembering her birth I remember going gluten free, I remember how hard everyone told me it would be, and I remember how afraid I was that my daughter's new diet was going to make her stand out. Funny how 6 months can change that.

My grocery bill has dropped, I've cut my shopping bill in half, and I've even started trying to diet and stay gluten free myself! I hardly think about this anymore... its now just a part of life... as it should be!

No comments: